Friday, August 28, 2009

Passiflora x allardii and Passiflora 'Raspberry Strudel'

I took a nap yesterday and when I woke up and went outside, I noticed one of the "clothes-line" I had hung several baskets of my flowers on had broken... I had added a few more baskets the day before so I guess it was too much weight. All the baskets were lying on the ground and some of the newly planted flowers were dangling from the clothes line.... out of the dirt, hanging in mid-air.

I knew I was going to re-pot most of the passon flowers before winter when it was time to bring them inside... just got a head start on it, now! Instead of hanging, most of them are now in pots on my deck.... luckily, I didn't see any broken stems or lost buds!



Not much is blooming right now..... so I'm just posting some pretty photos. These two are of Passiflora x allaridii. Close-ups are beautiful!

...and one of my digital "paintings" of Passiflora 'Raspberry Strudel'. I love the colors of her and hoped to capture it in the drawing.

0 comments: