Monday, September 14, 2009

Passiflora 'Marian' blooming!

There was a nice surprise waiting for me when I went into the office this morning.... Passiflora 'Marian' had two beautiful blooms on it! It has the most "character" of any of the ones I've seen bloom. Its petals alternate in color... every other one is purplish and then the other whiteish (is that a word?). Not many people have this plant, yet.... it is a hybrid of Mr. Jim Nevers. He says it is a hybrid of Passiflora 'Pure Vida Purple' and Passiflora 'Miersii'.

My photos are dissapointing... I assume because I took them inside under unflattering light. I'll work on getting better ones!

My digital "paintings" always appear darker and not as vibrant as the actual plant... but I'm trying to replicate the older plant "illustration" art and they were always faded.


0 comments: