Monday, October 3, 2016

Dahlias

This is the first year I bought Dahlia bulbs from Walmart and Sam's Club.  I've never seen the flowers bloom really before (at my Mom's once but didn't really pay much attention to them).  How could it have passed me by so long just how GORGOEUS they are!!!  I'm in love.  And they are so long blooming with this warm weather we're having.  I've taken a gazillion photos to paint from during the cold, long winter months.... 


This was painted in my journal on mixed media paper.  I've actually drawn the bottom Dahlia on hot press paper to paint when I get the nerve.  I really like the colors of these. 
(I never would have given the backs of flowers a second glance until I began botanical art.  The backs can be even more interesting than the fronts sometimes!)

0 comments: