Monday, October 17, 2016

Orchids Study

My Mom has SO many orchids growing and usually several blooming at any time.  I tried my hand at them for one year but just this week I loaded up 75% of my orchids and gave them to Mommy!  She can babysit them and let me know when they are going to bloom..... UGH!

This first painting is of one (this is my version of her painting ) of Marelena Pistoia's paintings in the great big book I mentioned before that I got for dirt cheap on Amazon and is AWESOME!  Before I found all these wonderful artists willing to give lessons online.... I had no other way of learning other than painting by other artist's work.  I was hoping to learn somehow by just doing....... So, I hope it's okay that I post this.  Her painting is by FAR SUPPERIER. 

(I'll add color mixes here shortly)


This study is of an orchid I actually did have bloom at my house.  It's a really neat little bloomer with a long stem and many of these orange blooms all down the stem.  It bloomed for quite awhile as well. 

I enjoyed painting this study.  Sometime I hope to do a painting with the stem and many blooms! 
(I hope to take a better more well lit photo.  Then I'll also add the color mixes used)....

0 comments: