Monday, March 27, 2017

DAHLIA

I just dahlias!  Right now I have over 40 different variaties in flower pots in my sunroom getting a head jump on the season.  Last year the few I had bloomed several months and these should bloom even longer since I'm starting about a month earlier!  I hope to dig up the roots and store them safely for next year... the ones I dug up last year I just saw yesterday weren't properly stored.  I don't think I'll get any survivors from that bunch.  Better luck and more wiser next year!

Sketchbook Squirel (Jarnie Goodwin) is a talented artist who has gotten into teaching online.  I love her soft details.  Here is a dahlia she teaches along with the tricky center parts...Jarnie Goodwin Art Dahlia Tutorial
(Jarnie Goodwin Art, AKA Sketchbook Squirrel's Dahlia tutorial)

This dahlia was particularly beautiful with it's brilliant hot pink... which was fun to figure out the color mixes.  It was painted in my mixed media journal but I've also already drawn it on real watercolor paper to paint at a later date.    I really need to find an awesome watercolor paper journal! 

0 comments: