Monday, July 10, 2017

I've been working like crazy in my flower gardens!  It takes me 1 1/2 hours every day after work to water my flowers if it hasn't rained!!! Talk about a job!  But there are flowers EVERYWHERE and it looks amazing!!! So many to choose from to paint.  I now have over 18,000 photos on my phone.....won't run out of reference material, huh?

"Giant" zinnias have been blooming gorgeously! All colors: pink, salmon, coral, reddish, purple, white, orange, etc.  They are wonderful in vases because they do last several days and the plants get happy and keep re-blooming after you cut a blossom.... I have a hundred maybe in my new "cutting" flower garden (new to this year, I revamped my veggie garden and thanks to Floret Farm I had the nerve and "excuse" to ditch the veggies and make the "cutting" garden.  Which is just rows and raised beds of plants and flower seeds!  I could go on and on about this....).  Anyway, the "Giant" zinnias are beautiful and have very detailed centers.  Note: Floret Farm is a gorgeous site with growing info and they have a wonderful book Floret Farm's Cut Flower Garden which is just beautiful to look at!


(first base layers)
 I really enjoyed painting this... although the center yellow and pinkish part I'm not satisfied with.... hopefully practice will help with this.



0 comments: