Friday, July 7, 2017

ROSE CLASS

I'm taking Dianne Sutherland's new ROSE class!  I'm at the very beginning where she asks us to paint a rose with leaf.  I really enjoyed painting the rose,... took my time, did some drybrush work (which I'm still trying to get the hang of).... on the leaves, I just got off on the wrong colors and went downhill from there.  You can just feel when things aren't going right for unexplainable reasons!



 

Then the first assignment is to accurately measure and draw the front and back of at least four different rose petals.  Then transfer them to watercolor paper and paint them....easy, right? Nope, not for me.  At least not right now.  I can get the drawing down okay... but then painting them is somehow being very difficult to me.  How can painting one single little petal throw me into a tizzy?

Some petals I was going to practice on...

Terrible lighting but a close up....


zs




Then the first assignment is to accurately measure and draw the front and back of at least four different rose petals.  Then transfer them to watercolor paper and paint them....easy, right? Nope, not for me.  At least not right now.  I can get the drawing down okay... but then painting them is somehow being very difficult to me.  How can painting one single little petal throw me into a tizzy?
 I must practice and practice!

2 comments:

Kathryn Holden said...

This rose petal assignment looks hard! Looks like you are starting to see the zillions of details in one petal.

Stacy said...

Hi, Kathryn! I AM!!!! It's a great assignment to make you slow down and "see".... even if I am having difficulty transferring that to paper. But I can already tell a difference after doing a few more petals my confidence is a little better.... it does seem like zillions of details! LOL